ARE DOCUMENTS CREATED USING ADOBE ACROBAT VERSION 6 COMPATIBLE WITH EARLIER VERSIONS OF ACROBAT?
No. Documents converted to PDF using Acrobat 6.0 cannot be saved by someone who has an earlier version of Acrobat installed on their computer. Follow these steps to ensure that your documents are compatible:
- Click the START button on the lower left of your screen
- Click ALL PROGRAMS >> Click ACROBAT DISTILLER 6.0
- Click the SETTINGS pull-down menu
- Click EDIT ADOBE PDF SETTINGS
- Click the GENERAL tab
- Select Acrobat 4.0 from the COMPATIBILITY drop-down menu
- Click OK
- After creating, or when saving a PDF document always take the following steps:
- Click FILE >> REDUCE FILE SIZE
- Select Acrobat 4.0 or Later from the Compatible With drop-down box.
- Click OK
HOW DO I WITHDRAW A PLEADING?
E:File a document indicating your intention using the Withdrawal of Document event located in the Misc. Events category. Create a link between the document you're filing and the document being withdrawn. Click here to access step by step instructions for using the Withdrawal of Document event.
WHEN I PRINT ORDERS THE JUDGE HAS MODIFIED, WHY ARE THEY NOT DISPLAYED ON THE PRINTED DOCUMENT?
Your Adobe Acrobat print settings may not be enabled for annotations and comments. Click the FILE pull-down menu >> click PRINT and do the following depending on your version of Adobe Acrobat:
Acrobat 5: In the PRINT window select COMMENTS in the Print Range section.
Acrobat 6: In the PRINT window select DOCUMENTS AND COMMENTS from Print drop down menu
Acrobat 7: In the PRINT window select DOCUMENT AND MARKUPS from the Comments and Forms drop down menu.
If there are continued printing problems, download and install the latest printer driver from the printer manufacturer's web site. Some models offer a choice for PostScript or PCL drivers. Choose PCL driver if that is available - otherwise choose the latest driver. After driver installation reboot your PC.
HOW CAN I TELL WHAT VERSION OF ADOBE ACROBAT I'M USING?
Click the HELP pull-down menu >> click ABOUT ACROBAT.
WHAT IS THE PROPER WAY TO ELECTRONICALLY SIGN A DOCUMENT?
The signature line on all electronically filed documents must contain a /s/ [name of person] to be properly e:filed. For more information on signing electronic documents please see our Administrative Procedures and Commentary Supplementing Administrative Procedures.
HOW CAN I MAKE SMALLER FILES WHEN I SCAN A DOCUMENT?
Scanned documents are frequently very large and may cause ECF to "time out" during filing. In addition, CM/ECF will not accept files larger than 5 MB. To avoid being .timed out., choose the optimal scanner setting of black and white (not grayscale or color), set the resolution to 200 dpi, and the paper size of 8½x11. If the scanned document is still too large separate it into smaller PDF files.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I'M NOT SURE THAT I'VE COMPLETED THE FILING OF A DOCUMENT?
Run your Transaction Log from CM/ECF- it's FREE. The log displays all transactions completed by you during a selected date range. If you are not certain that a transaction was successful, review the Transaction Log before you attempt to refile a document. To run the Transaction Log go to Utilities >> View Your Transaction Log >> Enter a date range. All successful ECF transactions by date, case number and type will display.
CAN I SAVE A FILE OR FORM SUCH AS THE LOCAL RULES ON MY COMPUTER?
Yes. To save forms or files that are in PDF format follow the directions below.
1. When the file is open in Adobe Acrobat Reader, click the floppy disc icon on the toolbar - a "save a copy" dialog box will pop up on your screen.
2. Navigate to the folder you wish to store the file/form in. If you are unsure where to save it, click the down arrow in the "Save in" window. Click on "desktop" (which is near the top of the list).
3. Type the name of the file in the "File Name" window. (You may name the file anything you wish).
4. Click "Save."
5. If you saved the item to your "desktop," there will be an icon on your desktop for the file/form you just saved. To access the file/form, double click the icon.
SOMETIMES IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO VIEW OR DOWNLOAD A PARTICULAR FILE ON YOUR WEB SITE. WHY?
A few of the forms and files located on our web site are somewhat large and may take a minute or two to download at slower modem speeds. Your web browser may be blank while downloading the file, please be patient.
I'VE TRIED TO VIEW/PRINT A FORM ON YOUR SITE, BUT WAS UNABLE TO DO SO.
Many items found on our web site, including forms, are in PDF format. To view print, or save files in PDF format you must have Adobe's Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Please click here to download Acrobat Reader. Click here for step-by-step directions for downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat Reader.
NOTE: Many of our forms are fillable. To complete a form and save it WITH the information entered you must use Adobe Acrobat. Using Adobe Reader will only save the blank form - not the completed information.