COURT BUSINESS HOURS: Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
All court fees must be in the form of a corporate check, attorney or attorney business check (provided it has "Esq.", "Attorney at Law" or other such designation on it), certified check, money order or court approved credit card.
Miscellaneous Fee Schedule (effective 6/1/2014)
|Chapter 7 Petition||$335.00||Inclusive of $75 Misc. Administrative and $15 Trustee Fee|
|Chapter 9 Petition||$1717.00||Inclusive of $550 Misc. Administrative Fee|
|Chapter 11 Petition - Non-Railroad||$1717.00||Inclusive of $550 Misc. Administrative Fee|
|Chapter 11 Petition - Railroad||$1550.00||Inclusive of $550 Misc. Administrative Fee|
|Chapter 12 Petition||$275.00||Inclusive of $75 Misc. Administrative Fee|
|Chapter 13 Petition||$310.00||Inclusive of $75 Misc. Administrative Fee|
|Chapter 15 Petition||$1717.00||Inclusive of $550 Misc. Administrative Fee|
|Amendments to Schedules D,E,F or List of Creditors||$30.00||No fee is required when 1) the nature of the admendment is to change the address of the creditor or an attorney for a creditor, or 2) to add the name and address of an attorney for a listed creditor.|
|Authorization of Direct Appeal (or Cross Appeal) From Bankruptcy Court to Court of Appeals **||$157.00||
This fee is in addition to the $298 fee due upon the filing of a Notice of Appeal or Cross Appeal, and shall be payable to the Bankruptcy Court when the Court of Appeals authorizes a direct Appeal or Cross Appeal.
** The approved increase in the notice of appeal fee necessitates that the supplemental direct appeal fee be reduced to ensure that the total fee for filing a direct appeal does not exceed the established appellate filing fee of $450.
|Certification of any Record or Document||$11.00|
|For Any Payment Returned or Denied for Insufficient Funds||$53.00|
|Conversion by debtor, of Chapter 7 case to Chapter 11||$922.00|
|Conversion by debtor, of Chapter 13 case to Chapter 11||$932.00|
|Conversion of Chapter 7 or 11 case to Chapter 13||no fee|
|Conversion from Chapter 13 to Chapter 7||$25.00||Whether by Motion or Notice of Voluntary Conversion|
|Exemplification of any Record or Paper||$21.00|
|Filing of Adversary Proceeding||$350.00|
|Filing of Notice of Appeal or Cross-Appeal||$298.00||
If a trustee or debtor in possession is the appellant, the fee should be payable only from the estate and only to the extent there is any estate realized.
Fee is comprised of $293 docketing fee and $5.00 filing fee.
|Motion to Convert from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7||$15.00|
|Motion to Convert from Chapter 12 to Chapter 7||$60.00|
|Motion to Convert from Chapter 12 to Chapter 13||$35.00|
|Motion To Reopen Chapter 7||$260.00|
|Motion To Reopen Chapter 9||$1167.00|
|Motion To Reopen Chapter 11||$1167.00|
|Motion To Reopen Chapter 12||$200.00|
|Motion To Reopen Chapter 13||$235.00|
|Motion To Reopen Chapter 15||$1167.00|
• Motion to Terminate, Annul, Modify or Lift Stay;
• Withdraw Reference of Case
• Compel Abandonment of Property of the Estate
• Motion to Sell Property of the Estate Free and Clear of Liens Under Section 363(f)
1) No fee is required for a motion for relief from the co-debtor stay or for stipulation for court approval of an agreement for relief from a stay.
2) If a child support creditor or its representative is the movant, and if such movant files the form required by Section 304(g) of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1994, no fee is required.
3) The fee to file a motion sell property under 363(f) may not be deferred by Trustees.
|Notice of Removal||$293.00|
|PACER - via Internet -||
(max. $3.00 per document)
The cost to access a single document is capped at $3.00, the equivalent of 30 pages. The cap does not apply to name searches, reports that are not case-specific and transcripts of federal court proceedings.
By Judicial Conference policy, if your usage does not exceed $15 in a quarter, fees for that quarter are waived.
|Printing of any document or record available electronically from a public terminal located in the courthouse||10¢||Per Page|
|Registering or filing a document not in a case for which a fee has been paid, including a judgment from another district.||$46.00|
|Reproducing any record or paper made from original documents, microfiche, microfilm or electronic files||50¢||Per Page|
|Reproduction of Proceedings||$30.00||Regardless of media|
|Retrieval of one file/box from National Archives and Records Administration||$64.00||For retrievals involving multiple boxes, $39 for each box after the first.|
|Search of Records||$30.00||Per name/item|
|Split of Joint Petition at Request of Debtors||
• Chapter 7 - $335 Inclusive of $15 Chapter 7 surcharge and $75 Misc. Administrative fee
• Chapter 11 - $1717 Inclusive of $550 misc. Administrative fee
• Chapter 12 - $275 Inclusive of $75 misc. Administrative fee
• Chapter 13 - $310 Inclusive of $75 Misc Administrative fee
(No fee is due if one of the debtors is to be dismissed.)
|Transcription Rates||click here for rates|
|Transfer of Claim||$25.00|
* The United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey is accepting credit cards for fee payments. (Debtors may not use credit cards for payment of fees.)