Notice to the Bar and Public - Thirty Day Public Comment Period Concerning Adoption and Amendment of 2017 Local Bankruptcy Rules
UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO THE BAR AND PUBLIC
THIRTY DAY PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD CONCERNING
ADOPTION AND AMENDMENT OF 2017 LOCAL BANKRUPTCY RULES
Please be advised that the Board of Judges of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey has approved for publication for a thirty day public comment period, a draft of proposed 2017 Local Bankruptcy Rules and amendments as highlighted below:
- D.N.J. LBR 3007-2. Omnibus Objections to Claims
- D.N.J. LBR 6004-5. Payment of a Professional Person for Services Relating to Use, Sale, or Lease of Property
- D.N.J. LBR 7007-1. Affidavits, Declarations, and Certifications
- D.N.J. LBR 7015-1. Amended Pleading
- D.N.J. LBR 7016-1. Pretrial Procedure
- D.N.J. LBR 7056-1. Summary Judgment; Statement of Material Facts Not in Dispute
For ease of reference, the following link may be accessed to review the proposed Local Bankruptcy Rules: www.njb.uscourts.gov/localrules/comments
Dates for public comment and implementation are set forth as follows:
- March 1, 2017 –Publication of draft rules for public comment.
- March 31, 2017 – Close of public comment period.
- April 28, 2017 – Board of Judges consideration of comments received.
- April 29 - June 1, 2017 – Submission of draft rules for formal approval by the Board of Judges of the Bankruptcy Court and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- August 1, 2017 - Effective date of 2017 Local Bankruptcy Rules.
By approving a publication draft, the Board of Judges solicits comments from bankruptcy
professionals and members of the public.
Comments may be submitted to the Court email address: email@example.com.
Dated: March 1, 2017 Jeanne A. Naughton, Clerk